What is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is a service available within Community Bank of Marshall's Mobile Banking App. It allows you to deposit checks directly into your Community Bank of Marshall account(s) by taking a picture of a check using your Smartphone.
Who is eligible for Mobile Deposit?
Community Bank of Marshall customers, who are enrolled in mobile banking, maintain an eligible checking or savings account and have accepted the Community Bank of Marshall's Mobile Deposit Agreement(s) are eligible. Enrollment is not guaranteed as some restrictions may apply.
What mobile devices are supported?
Apple devices running iOS 9.0 or later. Android devices running Android 4.4 or later.
What are the advantages of using Mobile Deposit?
You can securely deposit checks from anywhere, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. This saves time and expense by reducing trips to the bank to deposit checks.
How much does it cost to use Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is FREE to our Community Bank of Marshall consumer accounts.
Will I be charged by my mobile carrier for this service?
Your standard wireless carrier charges apply.
Do I need to endorse the check I am depositing?
Yes, deposited items are required to have a restrictive endorsement of "For Mobile Deposit Only" as well as personally endorsed by the payee. Failure to do both will result in your deposit being rejected.
Is there a dollar limit on these checks?
Currently there is no limit to amount of the limit that is deposited. However all items deposited may be subjected to a hold.
What should I do with the check after it has been deposited into my account?
After confirming the check has been deposited into your account, we recommend that you write on the front of the check in ink these words: "Mobile Deposit on DATE" (where DATE is the full date you deposited the check by Mobile Deposit) then securely store the deposited check for a minimum of 30 days. Keep you check in a secure place until you destroy/shred it. You should keep your check for 30 days after deposit to provide sufficient time should the original item be required for any reason. After 30 days it is OK to destroy the check. Bring your Mobile Deposit Checks into your nearest Community Bank of Marshall facility and we will shred the checks for you. At no cost to you.
What are the cut-off times for deposits made with Mobile Deposit?
You can deposit checks at any time. Mobile Deposits must be made before 2:00 p.m CST for funds to be available the same day as the Mobile Deposit. This will only post same day if there are no discrepancies with the deposit that needs to be addressed.
Are there any kinds of checks I can't deposit using Mobile Deposit?
- Any check or item payable to any person or entity other than you;
- Items that are drawn on your own account here at Community Bank of Marshall (either personal or business affiliated account);
- Any check or item containing an alteration on the front of the check or item, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect is fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check or item is drawn;
- Any check or item payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees;
- Any check previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Regulations CC;
- Any check drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States;
- Any check that is a remotely created check, as defined in Regulation CC;
- Any check not payable in United States currency;
- Any check dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit;
- Any check or item prohibited by Community Bank of Marshall's current procedures relating to RDA or which is not acceptable under the terms of your Community Bank of Marshall account;
- Any check payable on sight or payable through draft, as defined in Regulation CC;
- Any check not properly endorsed as specified in this Agreement;
- Any check that has previously been submitted through the Service or through a remote deposit capture service offered at any other financial institution;
- Any check or item drawn or otherwise issued by the U.S. Treasury Department.